Ways To Volunteer
Volunteers of all ages are welcome at Rising TIDE and are vital to our program.
- Interested persons fill out an application, are interviewed and must get a background check (DOJ and FBI) through Rising TIDE’s designated Live Scan facility before being accepted as a volunteer. Once accepted, volunteers are matched with the program in which they can make a positive impact and be most rewarded.
- Tutor one hour each week a child/youth
- Mentor a youth
- Help students with homework in homework designated areas for an hour or two a week
- Read with a child in our lending library
- Play with children in a safe and fun environment
- Teach a special skill to children/youth
- Help prepare a meal or healthy snacks
- Work behind the scenes on special projects